1 Gallon of water (bring it a boil before adding the following)
1 garlic bulb
1/2 of peppercorn
1 1/2 cups of Dark brown sugar
1 cup of KOSHER salt
1 vine of thyme
Mixture of your favorite Italian seasonings to your liking
A bucket to submerge the turkey in
A bag of Ice
Huge pot to boil the brine ingredients in.
Brine for 24 to 32 hours
- Clean out your refrigerator so the bin or bucket you use can fit in it.
- Make sure you completely submerge the turkey in the brine, no peek a boo turkey!!!!!
- Once you take it out of the brine the next day……PLEASE RINSE TURKEY off completely.
- After rinsing it off, let it dry off completely (get every part of the brine off your plump turkey)
- and start your seasonings
Base your turkey:
- Melted butter
- Garlic seasoning blend
- An Italian seasoning blend
- Nothing too salty on the skin of the turkey because the brine had a lot of salt
Stuff the turkey with,
Oh and season the inside with a little salt and pepper.
Cook at 400 degrees in an oven bag for 1 hour then:
Take it out and base it again
Before putting it back cut a slit in the oven bag
Put it back in the oven for 2 hours